Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pies in a Jar

This week on pandagrub, we are going to be making pies in a jar.

 The panda in the picture above is named Tiny. Tiny is sitting with the ingredients to make the pie filling. The ingredients are brown sugar, flour, blueberries, and lemon juice. ( You can use any fruit that you desire.) You will also need canning jars which you can find at Cookin' Stuff. Cookin' Stuff is a cooking supply store in Torrance.

After making and rolling out your pie crust, cut out circles with the canning jar lids. The dough circles will be on the top of the filling. Use mini cookie cutters and cut out shapes in the middle of the dough circles.

Use the left over dough to create dough balls in the bottom of the jar.

Spread the dough ball along the sides of the canning jar.

 Add the fruit filling of the pie into the pie dough. 

Add the top of the pie and place the mini decoration. Make sure to leave a hole in the middle of the top layer of the pie or it will explode.

 After being baked at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes the pies are ready to be eaten! Tiny just can't wait to eat the pies.

 Yum! Look at the blueberry filling.

For the full pie in a jar recipe click here.

10 comments:

  1. What a great post! The pies are the perfect size for a little panda like Tiny. Tiny also looks just like the panda on the pandagrub sticker/label. Was he the model for the sticker/label?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the pies in a jar! Can't wait to see what you'll be posting for Lunar New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. WOW! I think you can start selling your pies in the jar at the stores and online now. I know I would buy some!

      Delete
  4. Pie in a jar huh? That's very original. :) I really like how you go to all of these different websites and books to find out different websites you can try. How did you hear of the pie in a jar? It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about pies in a jar from my mom's friend and then I looked around for the easiest recipe. I really like your blog by the way -- http://coolrice.blogspot.com/. It is really interesting, and I like learning about all of the restaurant reviews. I really want to try a potato taco now!

      Delete
    2. Sorry about the typo ^ I meant "to find out different recipes you can try". :)

      Delete
  5. Wow thanks! I love your blog too! I also wanted to say that you take really good pictures! Do you take them yourself? They make everything look really good and super dramatic! Wow...Tiny is tiny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about asking if you take the pictures! :) I just read your "About Me" section.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fan of Rice,
      I like taking pictures. Sometimes I use my mom's camera and sometimes I use my iPod touch. It is hard to get the pandas to stay in place sometimes.

      foodie123

      Delete