Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pandagrub made the LA Times!

Anybody read the food section? I know I do. My mom sent in a picture of the peppermint pinwheel cookies to the LA Times. The LA Times picked our photo to be shown in the print edition, it was in today's food section on page E3. The picture was also shown on the online edition. For the online edition picture click here. To get to our photo click #7.  You can also see a color version of this photo on this blog post.

The panda in the picture above is named: Special Panda. That is his  name because he was  my first panda that I got. My grandfather (Yeh Yeh) gave me this panda when I was a baby.

In case you can't get the print edition or read the article from the picture above, here's part of what it says:
"Holiday pinwheels"
This image comes to us from Helen Fong of Manhattan Beach, who made our holiday cookie recipe for peppermint pinwheels with her 9-year-old daughter, Mia. ( Mia has a food blog called PandaGrub.) 

A special thank you to Rene Lynch for putting pandagrub in the LA Times.

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Congratulations! You, Special and your cooking talents are now FAMOUS!!! I'm sure that Yeh Yeh is looking down and smiling because he would be so proud of you too, just like I am!
      Love,
      Aunt TINA

      Delete
  2. 10 yrs old and already published.. tre cool, Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anastasi (aunt Tina's friend)January 14, 2012 at 8:11 AM

    Congratulations on your first newsprint publication Mia! I hope you have many more in the future. You are an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilb (Aunt Tina's friend)January 14, 2012 at 9:00 AM

    Dear Mia,
    Congratulations! I follow your blog each week. I love your panda photos. It brings the food and your stories a unique way of looking at some wonderful dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reading and commenting!
    foodie123

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome Mia --- congratulations on being featured in the LA Times! We love all the fun recipes you and your pandas cook up each week. Way to go!

    love,
    Aunt Doris & Uncle Seth

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool that they decided to put the picture in the newspaper. Hopefully you get more followers now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Fan of Rice and Doris and Seth! Please let me know if you want to see a recipe on pandagrub!
    foodie123

    ReplyDelete