Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tonkatsu


This week on pandagrub we are going to be making tonkatsu.

 The panda in the picture above is named Beckett. Beckett is sitting with the ingredients for the tonkatsu. The ingredients are panko bread crumbs, flour, egg, pork chops, and tonkatsu sauce.



First Beckett is dredging the pork chops in flour. 


 Now he is dredging the pork chops in an egg wash.

 Finally Beckett is dredging the pork chops in the panko breadcrumbs.


 Beckett is turning the tonkatsu over. Look at the golden brown color.


 Beckett is very excited to finally get to eat the tonkatsu. 


For the full recipe click here.
By the way here is a food music video that I have lately been obsessed with:
626 by the Fung Brothers
I hope you enjoy this. By the way 626 is the San Gabriel Valley area code.

9 comments:

  1. Tonkatsu is one my favorite comfort foods. And I especially love that Bulldog sauce!

    That 626 video makes me want to live there and eat at JJ Cafe every day! There's not much of those things in the 310. Too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the best foods that you have made yet!!!That 626 video is not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tonkatsu looks delicious and the video makes me want to drive to San Gabriel right now to get some 626 food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of sauce did you use for the tonkatsu?

    The video of 626 is really great. I saw a bunch of Chinese restaurants in the video that I go to!! I love going to San Gabriel and Roland Heights to eat Chinese food. (Well that's where it is best around here). Haha! Asians have made it really big on Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fan of Rice,
      I used Bulldog Vegetable and Fruit sauce. You're right Asians have made it really big on youtube.
      foodie123

      Delete
  5. Sorry I didn't mean what sauce you used I meant where can you get it. Just at any japanese/ asian supermarket right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fan of Rice,
      Yes you can get it at any Japanese/Asian supermarket.
      foodie123

      Delete
    2. I am running out right now to get some of that sauce, This meal looks sooo YUMMY!! and the Fung Brothers are cool! I totally want to visit all those places in 626 maybe the next time I come to visit we can go check it out.....

      Delete
  6. The Tonkatsu looks really good. The Fung Brothers are really funny!

    ReplyDelete