Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Easy Dessert

This week on pandagrub, we are going to be making Thin Mints trifles.

 The panda in the picture above is named Mei Mei. Mei Mei is sitting with the ingredients used in the Thin Mints trifles. The ingredients are mint, instant chocolate pudding mix, heavy whipping cream(the recipe says cool whip, but I made my own whipped cream), and one box of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies.

 First make the instant pudding. Here is what it should like when you finish making it.

 Take your box of Thin Mints and place in a Ziploc bag and pound with a mallet.


 If you decide to make your own  whipped cream this is what it should look like when you finish whipping it. For the whipped cream recipe click here.

 Now you can start assembling your trifle. First put a layer of crushed Thin Mints on the bottom of your bowl.


 Then put a big glob of your chocolate pudding on top of the layer of Thin Mints.

 Finally add your whipped cream on the top.


 Then add a sprig of mint and sprinkle the crumbled Thin Mints on top.

This was a delicious dessert. For the full recipe click here  

6 comments:

  1. This was your best recipe yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the homemade whipped cream -- it was so much better than the stuff in a can or cool whip. Great job -- and I love the last photo the most. Your photography is getting better with each post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree homemade whipped cream is the best. I remember the first time I ever had that in college, my friend Robbi made it to go with dessert, Aunt Doris, Laura and I were blown away at how wonderful it tasted. You also used my favorite girl scout cookie, I love those thin mints! Keep up the great work, I show your blog to my students all the time and they think you are amazing!

      Delete
  3. Easy and delicious! Can't wait to make it while our Thin Mint supplies are still on-hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the cookies, Mrs. Ward and Maia! Thank you also for reading.

      Delete
  4. Now I know what to do with my left over thin mints! Great job Mia!

    ReplyDelete