Sunday, February 19, 2012

Restaurant Review: Flying Pig

This week on pandagrub, we are going to be doing a restaurant review on the Flying Pig. The Flying Pig is also a very successful food truck.

The Flying Pig is located in Little Tokyo.  It is located at 141 S. Central Avenue in Los Angeles.  It is right near the Japanese American National Museum and MOCA.  


 This is the Flying Pig's logo. I think the logo is very whimsical.


The panda in the picture above is named Jeters. He is named after Derek Jeter of the New York Yankees.  Jeters is sitting with a cold Mexican coca-cola.  Have you ever had one?   Mexican cokes are sweeter than American cokes in a can.  If you haven't tried one, you really should!   It was $3 for one bottle.

Jeters is sitting with some lobster mac and cheese. This was the best lobster mac and cheese that I have ever had.  The cheese was gooey and creamy.  It was served piping hot in a skillet.  The little size that I ordered was $9.95.

Jeters and I thought that the lobster mac and cheese was so good we finished it all.



In the picture above Jeters is sitting with some pork belly fried rice. My dad got this dish. My dad said that it tasted homemade and that the portion size was just right.


In the picture above Jeters is sitting with some delicious tamarind duck tacos. Look how beautiful the presentation is!  The tacos come with mandarin orange slices, and the meat was very tender. 


Jeters is sitting with some honey bread that is filled with green tea ice cream. This was one of the best desserts I've ever had. Even my brother enjoyed it and that is saying a lot because my brother eats a lot of dessert and he knows what he is talking about.
I was in dessert paradise. The honey bread was warm and soft and the ice cream was cold and refreshing.  It was the best combination ever!
For the full Flying Pig information click here.
I am definitely going to come back to the Flying Pig. My waiter, Dennis, was very friendly and nice. The service was very quick and efficient. I also felt very welcome.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like this place! The last time I went, I had the loco moco, and I liked it more than the loco moco that I had in Hawaii!

    Good job with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I haven't tried that many food trucks before. The dessert looks delicious, but really big. I never knew that the Mexican Coke was sweeter than the canned cokes. I always looked at the sugar and it would actually be less. I love the Mexican cokes though. I'd definitely want to try the restaurant soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Fan of Rice,
      Please go to the Flying Pig and tell me what you think of it. Maybe you could do a restaurant review on it. I really enjoy reading your restaurant reviews.
      foodie123

      Delete
    2. OMG! everything looks so DELICIOUS! I wish I could go there and eat.....hmm maybe its time to plan a trip so I too can try out the FLYING PIG.

      Delete