Saturday, March 16, 2013

Restaurant Review : Doya Doya

This week on pandagrub we are going to be doing a restaurant review on Doya Doya. Doya Doya specializes in okonomiyaki, which is a savory Japanese pancake.
 Doya Doya's location is 2140 Artesia Blvd TorranceCA 90504.
 The panda in the picture above is named Takoyaki. He is sitting with the mayonnaise bottle (check out the cool triple spout!) and  Japanese fish flakes (bonito).

 My mom and I got the special pork okonomiyaki. Takoyaki, my mom and I really enjoyed the okonomiyaki because it was perfectly seasoned and the flavors blended together perfectly.  My favorite part is the egg on the outside.  My mom's favorite part is the variety of veges and the sauce on top.

 You can garnish the okonomiyaki with seaweed, bonito flakes and mayonnaise.  I love watching the bonito flakes sway in the piping hot steam of the pancake!

Look how full of yummy stuff the pancake is!  My mom says that there is also an "Osaka" style of okonomiyaki that is a lot thinner and crispier.  That sounds great too!

I will definitely come back to Doya Doya. Next time I will try the Doya special mix okonomiyaki. For more information about Doya Doya click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment