Sunday, June 24, 2012

Peking Tavern: Noodle Tasting Event

This week on pandagrub I am going to be telling you about the Peking Tavern noodle tasting event. The chef handmade the noodles and dumplings.  Peking Tavern is a new restaurant that is going to be opening in downtown LA this November. At the Peking Tavern there is going to be Beijing Street food such as noodle,dumplings, and beef rolls.

The panda in the picture above is named Linja. Instead of a ninja he is a Linja! I just got Linja. He is just a smaller version of my panda named Jeremy Lin. Linja is very excited to be trying the hand pulled noodles and homemade dumplings.



The chef made the noodles very fast. It only took a few forceful THWAPS on the table and the dough became long even strands of noodles.

Now its time to eat the noodles! 

Shown in the picture above are all of the toppings for the noodles. The toppings are tofu in red bean sauce, pork, bean sprouts, and cucumber.


I put all of the toppings on my noodles. Linja and I thought the noodles were very delicious because of their texture. The texture was perfect, smooth, and not too thick or thin. My favorite topping was the pork because the meat was seasoned perfectly.

Now it's time for dumplings! There were two kinds of dumplings (pork and fish) at the tasting. In the picture above are the pork dumplings.

Linja thought that the pork dumplings were better than the fish dumplings, but the fish dumplings also tasted good. Linja and I were very happy and thought that the overall meal was delicious. When the Peking Tavern opens in November I hope I get to go there.

5 comments:

  1. Jja jang myun is my most favorite food in the universe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm! Two of my favorite things! I'll have to try it out when they open :) Thanks for the inside scoop Mia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I'll be there, too. Maybe with a special panda friend from China, when my daughter comes home from visiting them at the breeding and research center in Chengdu. Thanks for sharing about the Peking Tavern! I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks reallllyyyy good!

    We went to a XiangXi restaurant recently which had a LOT of handmade noodles. I'll blog about it so you can try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This dish is also one of my favorite noodle dishes especially when its done a bit spicy (I think that's the Shanghai version of it)! Linja is sooo cute! Is he a lot smaller than Jeremy Lin?

      Delete